The Original Pancake House can’t be beat… yet. Read more about my all-time favorite pancakes…
Yum. My favorite pancakes come from The Original Pancake House. This restaurant is a chain with many locations around the country, but I have only ever visited the one on Convoy Street in San Diego.
Let’s get to the pancakes- My favorite are the chocolate chip pancakes. A full order is six pancakes, I usually order a half order of three. The chocolate chip pancakes come with chocolate chips in the batter, as well as extra chips on the side. Best of all, they are served with a huge dollop of the homemade whipped cream. These pancakes don’t need butter, or syrup!
The pancakes also pass the fork test easily, and have a fluffy texture that perfectly holds up.
The Original Pancake House also has amazing bacon that Colin and I both love. We usually both share a side of bacon with our breakfasts. In the summer time, don’t miss out on the fresh strawberries as well, which are also served with the homemade whipped cream to dip them in. We love to think of these as our breakfast appetizer!
Here are Colin’s Coffee Comments: “Good Coffee.”
Stay tuned for more reviews, I plan to try many more pancakes from The Original Pancake House!!
Restaurant Summary Notes:
- Overall Pancake Rating: 100 out of 100 pancakes
- Fork test: Easy pass!
- Bacon: Really good thick-cut bacon, cooked just right
- Butter: None served with the chocolate chip pancakes. Just dip them straight in the whipped cream.
- Syrup Delivery Method: None served (or needed) with the chocolate chip pancakes
- Other Restaurant Notes: As with most popular breakfast restaurants, get there early to avoid long waits. They have a large menu, and I’ll be rating different varieties of their pancakes in the future!
- Website: http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/index.html